Saturday, October 16, 2010

We're Home!

You will be blessed as you come in and blessed when you go out.  Deut. 68:6


We are now home in Story City, Iowa!  It has been a whirlwind week of packers, movers, saying goodbyes, and driving to our new home.  Saturday night we stayed in a hotel due to no furniture, shower curtains, or beds to sleep on.  We were tired from the driving and Sunday morning came early!  However, it was a new day and a new attitude was born!


I had gone to bed thinking about where to put things in the apartment.  I have to admit that I had a let down upon our arrival.  However, knowing that I had measured rooms at home, all the furniture we brought with us would fit.  I kept telling myself things are going to be alright.  We checked out of our hotel Sunday, found a Walmart to get some milk & cereal, dropped it off at the apartment and headed to church.


I've always felt our moving was a God thing.  I don't know what His plan is for us while we are here, but I know He will make it all work out.  I can't even begin to tell you the questions I've had in my mind throughout the last couple weeks.  Many things I've wondered about, prayed about, and called out to God because I knew He had to be the one to be in control.  The first song we sang at church was You Hold Me Now by Hillsong. (Click here to play)   This song was like an answer to prayer for me, a reassurance from God that HE IS IN CONTROL and HE is holding me & my family in this journey.  


We met some people after service.  One couple has a daughter Mattye's age.  They took Mattye's phone number so the girls could chat about going to youth group later.  The rest of the afternoon, we drove around taking in our new hometown and it's surroundings.  Mattye got her phone call & she went  to youth that evening!  We were so proud of her for going knowing no one!  She did met several kids her age and came home so excited for the youth group & girls she met.  We stayed at a hotel Sunday evening and, again, Monday morning came early!!!


Our furniture arrived at 8:15 am Monday, October 11th, and, as suspected, our new home filled up fast....with boxes!  Again, God was in control as we had rented a storage unit & the movers helped us get our storage items where they needed to go & stacked neatly!  Most of my day was spent in the kitchen unpacking boxes and putting things away.  Mattye was the first to achieve success in getting a room totally put together!  She was so happy to have her own bed.  I was so happy to have gotten our bed, and most importantly, Todd's CPAP.  He had left it out at home when the movers came and they packed it away!  We were looking forward to a snore free night of rest!


Tuesday we enrolled Mattye in Roland-Story High School, got our tv and computer hooked up, and worked on emptying more boxes.  We continued on the journey of trying to find things...like our bedding, undergarmets,  lampshades, pillows....just some of the essentials!  The rest of the week consisted of much of the same....unpack, break down boxes, put more stuff in storage.


Here's another song I want to share.  Click here to listen.  We closed our service Sunday with this song, Amazed.  I cried then, I'm crying now.  As the week has progressed, I have been nothing but amazed by God's work, the people we have met, and the experiences we've shared so far....the blessings we've received as we've come in and gone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment