Sunday, December 5, 2010

Count it all Joy

James 1:2-4  Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

I don't know about you, but I'm glad to have this past week behind me.  Since we've moved we've had car problems with both cars.  I picked up my car last week and paid once again for a repair.  We've spent $700 on vehicle repairs in less than a month.  Ouch!  We've driven through car dealerships looking at other cars, but that's a double ouch!  It's been a bad week financially.

Jerod has spent his first week here.  He has been working part-time and applying for full time jobs.  He's been very blessed to have had an interview already and another one set up for first thing Monday morning with prominent companies in decent paying jobs.  However, he doesn't want to be in Iowa.  It's been a hard week. 

I wasn't thinking I would apply for jobs until after the first of the year.  While looking for openings for Jerod, I was finding some jobs that was interesting to me.  So I have applied for about 7 to see what would happen.  In one day, I got 5 "dings".  3 jobs had been filled internally, 1 job I didn't qualify, and 1 place chose not to interview me - and that's what they told me.  That was all in one day.  It's been a hard week.

Todd traveled this past week for the first time since we arrived in Iowa.  Not having him accessible to talk was difficult.  I missed my sounding board and our laughter.  I did sleep really well though! :-)  With the rejection and tension, I needed him more this week than any other since we arrived.  It's been a hard week.

We attended some open houses this weekend. We toured a home that we thought we could live in.  Then I slept on it - tossing & turning all night.  Today I announced upon waking - "I'm done with that house."  We would have been compromising some features we were wanting in a new home and, more importantly, spending more money than we initially said we would spend.  Thank God for the trials of previous homeownership to allow us to have some clarity when deciding on a new home.

Church this morning was a reminder to pray for God's will to be done.  I think this week has been some selfish praying or no praying at times.  Small group this evening was confirmation that many of us had a bad week.  We were able to discuss freely that as believers, nothing can separate us from the love of God. We let situations and things get in our way of our love for Him......like a bad week.  Thank God for our new church & small group family.

Tonight I close prayfully - Lord, thank you for your wisdom.  May your will be done in our lives, in our friends new and old, and in our family.  May we all have a week of focusing on you and not our situations.  Count it all joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment