We have been attending Cornerstone Church at Ames. We have decided this will be our church home. The recent message series has been from 1 John. From the previous weeks, the following is just a few things I've written down & would like to share.
- World = the systems of ideas, values and culture. Satan is the God here.
- Do not love the world. You can't have the love of God in you at the same time.
- What do you find your identity in? Anything less than God is of the world (satan).
- Let your worth & identity be only in God
- God's wisdom brings order to your chaos.
- God's wisdom will produce noticable transformation.
- As we are transformed by Christ we become less like the world:
- your complaining part is replaced by thankfulness
- worry & anxiety is replaced by confidence
- face challenges & transistions with confidence
- take ownership in our actions - right or wrong - be humble
If you don't have a relationship with Jesus but you're tired of feeling like life is constantly hard, never fair, you can't get ahead, people are just plain stupid.....Jesus wants to help you find joy!
Romans 5:6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. He should have given us wrath, but He gave His life for you, for me, for the world!
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:9-10 For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confession with your mouth that you are saved.
Romans 10:13 Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved!
Don't be afraid - God left our sins on the cross! Feel true love. Have a relationship with Jesus. Be truly thankful, let your sins be forgiven. Live in the outpouring love of Jesus this season. Hillsong (click) - At the Cross