Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Never Once......


It seems I've been on quite a journey of memories lately.  I've thought about things as far back as elementary school and all the years in between.  Some days have been a flood of memories and some days have been that something simply pops into my head.  It doesn't help that I'm finally digging into totes and boxes stacked in our basement that contain pictures, papers, and memories of life.

Have you ever reflected on your life?  I mean really reflected?  Have you thought about situations you were in throughout life - rather it was choices you made or circumstances beyond your control.?

I'm not ashamed to say that I believe in Jesus.  I've actually believed for a long time, but I've not always lived a life that reflected that belief.  Through these flood of memories I'm encountering, it's easy to reflect and see how God worked situations in my life.  Even when I made choices that were pleasing to myself, harmful to others and definitely not God honoring, life lessons were taught.....just not always learned.  Even when all I wanted to do was please God with my life, tough situations arose and choices had to be made.

A song we sing at church by Matt Redman, Never Once, sums it up nicely for me.  I can't sing it without crying.....thinking of situations God has brought me through, protected me, and made me stronger.  Even in dark times, when I've made wrong choices and felt alone, I've never been left on my own.

Life is short.  We don't always do things right.  Our circumstances change and can often feel out of control. Listen to the song I'm referring to and reflect on your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment